5CH – 5lt Hobby Candle Making Double Boiler
or 4 payments of $78.75 with
Model: 5CH – 5lt Thermostat Controlled Electric Double Boiler Designed for the hobbyist.
The unit features a smaller water jacket for fast heat up time and is designed for small batch hobby production, it is important to note that dial type thermostats do not offer the same temperature control as digital, they do peak and troth, anyone who has used (Dial – capillary style thermostats) experience this, they are a budget alternative and best suited to just heat and pour, not heat and manage, but still very good in terms of protecting your was from over heating/burning and becoming toxic as you still have the protection of a water jacketed unit.
For more information watch our videos in the video tab, they explain why the double boiler method is so important and still the fastest way to do it correctly, share this with your friends like us on Facebook and help us help people to be successful by making an ethical and quality product.
Soy Candles – Bees Wax Candle – Wax Products & more.
Brass Product Tap.
Recommended for product temperature up to 85℃ – For higher than 85℃ product temperature please contact us for recommendations and advice, to achieve higher temperature digital models used with a thermal jacket can obtain temperatures up to and slightly over 90℃ understanding the water jacket is limited to the boiling temperature of water and some heat loss does occur in the transfer process.
An Electric Double Boiler is the single best investment any small business can make, electric double boilers will allow the user to do in few hours that likely previously took a few days, simple to maintain and use while producing a consistent and high quality product.
Ideal for hobby or small business just starting out.
There’s nothing better than an electric double boiler.
- 5 lt product chamber.
- 6 lt water jacket.
- Overall dimensions: H35cm x W30cm.
- Internal product chamber dimensions: H20cm x W22cm
- Brass product tap.
- Product tap height 20cm measured up from the unit’s base.
- Product tap sits approximately 1 cm from the base of the product chamber.
- Water Jacket Thermostat temperature range 30-100℃
- Cold start product to 85℃ in approximately 30 minutes.
- Unit Power 240v/2300w – AS/NZS31122011 240V 10amp complies with Australian and New Zealand Electrical Standards.
We highly recommend purchasing a thermal jacket with all units, see thermal jacket listing for more details.
- The fastest heat up times for volume available on the market.
- Production time savings.
- Improved product quality & consistency.
- Safe and easy to use.
- Heat Control.
- Detailed user instructions.
- Easy to maintain.
- For use on a domestic 10 amp power point with safety switch.
- First fill the water jacket with demineralised water – demineralised water is a low cost product that can be purchased at supermarkets and hardware stores for around $4 for 5 litres, once filled the demineralised water is left in the unit for it’s entire life just topped up as required, demineralised water protects internal components extending unit life and improving serviceability for many years.
- Plug into power.
- Heat unit to desired temperature.
- Add product and heat product to required temperature.
- Stir occasionally until the product is stabilised at the required temperature.
- Make Products.
Units will have some marks from the manufacturing processes.
Water boils at 100℃, however it is not possible to achieve 100℃ product temperature with double boilers, the main reasons for this are ambient (room) temperature fighting to cool the unit body and heat loss from transference through the wall of the internal product chamber, for these reasons we recommend the units for products up to 85℃, it is possible to achieve up to 90℃ for product temperature with small manual adjustments at the final heating stage.
Double Boiling Method explained
An electric double boiler means the unit has a water jacket around the outside of the product chamber providing a much larger heating surface, the water jacket protects the product from high heat that is produced by the electric element when it’s heating, the water jacket thermostat controls the heating process, once heated up product is placed into the product chamber and the heated water in the jacket melts/heats/emulsifies/separates depending on the product being used from the base and the sides to the desired temperature.
The product tap passes through the water jacket and is surrounded by hot water heating it.
Product is stirred periodically to stabilise temperature before pouring.
Product temperature is maintained by the water jacket thermostat allowing the user to spend time preparing for the final product.
If you would like more information or have any questions feel free to email or call Rob directly on Ph: 0409 165 003.
Shipping Quotes and Checkout
Note: Electric Double Boilers are large items and packaging is heavy duty and costly, $15 average has been added to the shipping cost to cover the packaging cost, units range from 24 – 54 cubic kilograms packaged for shipping, physical weight is up to 18kgs.
- Add the item to the Basket to obtain a shipping quote, in the Basket enter your state & postcode in the shipping calculator, click update, the shipping cost will calculate to your postcode.
- Proceed to the checkout and provide full shipping details and select payment option.
- If you don’t wish to proceed, simply delete the item in the basket by clicking on the X next to the item.
Terms and conditions acceptance on checkout relate to usage, warranty etc, see about us tab for full details.
Shipping , availability and dispatch:
AU Wax Melters is a direct to public manufacturer meaning units final built fitout is to order, please note “In Stock” means you are purchasing a place in the production line to have a unit built for you, In normal times orders are dispatched within 3 business day’s plus transit time depending on how far away you are from our location (Pakenham Victoria 3810), however In high demand periods order to dispatch can blow out to 7 days, please take this into consideration when timing your purchase.
Orders are shipped signature on delivery with Australia Post.