35S – 35lt Soap Making – Candle Making & More
or 4 payments of $128.75 with
Out of stock
Model: 35S – 35 lt Thermostat Controlled Electric Double Boiler
Hot Process Soap Making – Candles – Wax Polishing products & more
Stainless Steel Product Tap.
3″ Dial Water Jacket Thermometer.
Recommended for product temperature up to 85℃ – For higher than 85℃ product temperature please contact us for recommendations and advice, to achieve higher temperature digital models with larger elements fitted, used with a thermal jacket can obtain temperatures up to and slightly over 90℃ understanding the water jacket is limited to the boiling temperature of water and some heat loss does occur in the transfer process.
An Electric Double Boiler is the single best investment any small business can make, electric double boilers will allow the user to do in few hours that likely previously took a few days, simple to maintain and use while producing a consistent and high quality product.
Ideal for hobby or small business.
There’s nothing better than an electric double boiler.
- 35 lt internal product chamber.
- 22 lt water jacket.
- Overall dimensions: H56cm x W44cm.
- Internal product chamber dimensions: H35cm x W37cm
- Stainless Steel product tap & bridging pipe.
- Brass water jacket drain tap.
- Product tap height 20cm measured up from the unit’s base.
- Bottom internal tap sits approximately 1 cm from the chamber base on the inside of the product chamber.
- Top tap is the wax/product tap, bottom tap is to empty the water jacket.
- 3″ Dial water jacket thermometer – provides greater temperature control.
- Thermostat temperature range is 30-100℃
- Cold start product to 85℃ approximately 3 hours.
- Unit Power 240v/2300w – AS/NZS31122011 240V 10amp complies with Australian and New Zealand Electrical Standards.
- The fastest heat up times for volume available on the market.
- Production time savings.
- Improved product quality & consistency.
- Safe and easy to use.
- Heat Control.
- Detailed user instructions.
- Easy to maintain.
- For use on a domestic 10 amp power point with safety switch.
- Chamber Thermometer to monitor product temperature.
- Fill water jacket with demineralised water – demineralised water is low cost and is purchased from supermarkets and hardware stores for around $4 for 5 litres, once filled is left in the unit and just topped up as required, demineralised water has no harmful minerals that tap or tank water contain and will protect internal components.
- Heat water jacket to desired temperature.
- Add product and heat to required temperature.
- Stir occasionally to stabilise product temperature.
- Make Products.
Note: High Viscosity Products:
If your intention is to make product that are quite viscos and set quickly we recommend model 35R or 35DR, please contact us prior to purchasing if you would like any product advice, in some cases an electric heat gun is used to warm the tap slightly before pouring for products that set quickly.
Units will have some marks from the manufacturing processes.
Water boils at 100℃, however it is not possible to achieve 100℃ product temperature with double boilers, the main reasons for this are ambient (room) temperature fighting to cool the unit body and heat loss from transference through the wall of the internal product chamber, for these reasons we recommend the units for products up to 85℃, it is possible to achieve up to 90℃ for product temperature with small manual adjustments at the final heating stage.
Double Boiling Method explained
An electric double boiler means the unit has a water jacket around the outside of the product chamber providing a much larger heating surface, the water jacket protects the product from high heat that is produced by the electric element when it’s heating, the water jacket thermostat controls the heating process, once heated up product is placed into the product chamber and the heated water in the jacket melts/heats/emulsifies/separates depending on the product being used from the base and the sides to the desired temperature.
The product tap passes through the water jacket and is surrounded by hot water heating it.
Product is stirred periodically to stabilise temperature before pouring.
Product temperature is maintained by the water jacket thermostat allowing the user to spend time preparing for the final product.
If you would like more information or have any questions feel free to email or call Rob directly on Ph: 0409 165 003.
Shipping Quotes and Checkout
Note: Electric Double Boilers are large items and packaging is heavy duty and costly, $15 average has been added to the shipping cost to cover the packaging cost, units range from 24 – 54 cubic kilograms packaged for shipping, physical weight is up to 18kgs.
- Add the item to the Basket to obtain a shipping quote, in the Basket enter your state & postcode in the shipping calculator, click update, the shipping cost will calculate to your postcode.
- Proceed to the checkout and provide full shipping details and select payment option.
- If you don’t wish to proceed, simply delete the item in the basket by clicking on the X next to the item.
Terms and conditions acceptance on checkout relate to usage, warranty and reporting any shipping damage, see about tab for full details.
In most cases orders are shipped next business if placed before 12pm, add 3- 7 business day’s in transit depending on how far away you are from our location (Pakenham Victoria 3810)
Orders are shipped signature on delivery.