15R – 15lt Deodorant – Lip Balm – Creams – Cosmetics – Wax Polishes
Model: 15R – 15lt Lip Balm – Zinc Cream – Cosmetics Double Boiler
Model: 15R – 15 lt Thermostat Controlled Electric Double Boiler
Hair Care – Deodorant – Lip Balms – Zinc Cream – Cosmetics – Wax Polishes & more.
Stainless Steel Product Tap.
3 sizes of product tap flow reducers ideal for filling a variety of container sizes.
3″ Dial Water Jacket Thermometer.
Recommended for product temperatures up to 90℃
An Electric Double Boiler is the single best investment any small business can make, electric double boilers will allow the user to do in few hours that likely previously took a few days, simple to maintain and use while producing a consistent and high quality product.
Note: If unsure of product suitability please contact us prior to purchase for recommendations and advice.
The R & RD models with their variety of flow reducer options can dispense into a pouring jug or into small containers making them suited for lip balms and 60ml zinc containers for example.
There’s nothing better than an electric double boiler.
- 15 litre internal product chamber.
- 11 litre water jacket.
- Overall dimensions: H46cm x W37cm.
- Internal product chamber dimensions: H25cm x W27cm
- Stainless Steel product tap & bridging pipe.
- Brass water jacket drain tap.
- Product tap height 22cm measured up from the unit’s base.
- Bottom Internal tap sits approximately 1 cm from the chamber base on the inside of the product chamber.
- Top tap is the wax/product tap, bottom tap is to empty the water jacket.
- 3″ Water Jacket Thermomerter, provides great controll at high temperatures.
- Water Jacket thermostat temperature range is 30-100℃
- Cold start product to 85℃ in approximately 70 minutes.
- Unit Power 240v/2300w – AS/NZS31122011 240V 10amp complies with Australian Electrical Standards.
- Time Saving.
- Temeprature Control.
- 3″ Water Jacket Thermometer to accurately manage water temperature.
- Detailed user instructions.
- For use on a domestic 10amp power point with safety switch.
- Clip on Chamber Thermometer to monitor product temperature.
- Threaded tap elbow and flow reducers for a variety of product dispensing flow options – 6,7,10 & 16mm.
The threaded elbow allows reducers fitted to the elbow and provide a variety of dispensing flow options, if the intention is to make product such as cream that is quite viscos and sets quickly an electric heat gun is recommended to warm the tap body and elbow, this will improve flow and will stop any product setting in the tap extremities that are a distance from the heated water jacket.
- Fill the water jacket with demineralised water – demineralised water is a low cost product that can be purchased at supermarkets and hardware stores for around $4 for 5 litres, once filled the water is left in the unit and topped up as required.
- Plug into a power outlet.
- Select desired temperature on the thermostat.
- Heat unit up to temperature.
- Add product and heat product to required temperature.
- Make Products.
Cosmetics, Zinc Creams, & high viscosity products etc: The unit is capable of making most products however not all can be dispensed through the product tap without some preparation, if you are making a high viscos product please contact us prior to purchase if you would like to discuss the suitability of the unit to the product you are making.
Water boils at 100℃, however it is not possible to achieve 100℃ product temperature with double boilers, the main reasons for this are ambient (room) temperature fighting to cool the unit body and heat loss from transference through the wall of the internal product chamber, for these reasons we recommend the units for products up to 85℃, it is possible to achieve up to 90℃ for product temperature with small manual adjustments at the final heating stage.
Double Boiling Method explained
An electric double boiler means the unit has a water jacket around the outside of the product chamber providing a much larger heating surface, the water jacket protects the product from high heat that is produced by the electric element when it’s heating, the water jacket thermostat controls the heating process, once heated up product is placed into the product chamber and the heated water in the jacket melts/heats/emulsifies/separates depending on the product being used from the base and the sides to the desired temperature.
The product tap passes through the water jacket and is surrounded by hot water heating it.
Product is stirred periodically to stabilise temperature before pouring.
Product temperature is maintained by the water jacket thermostat allowing the user to spend time preparing for the final product.
If you would like more information or have any questions feel free to email or call Rob directly on Ph: 0409 165 003.
Shipping Quotes and Checkout
Note: Electric Double Boilers are large items and packaging is heavy duty and costly, $15 average has been added to the shipping cost to cover the packaging cost, units range from 24 – 54 cubic kilograms packaged for shipping, physical weight is up to 18kgs.
- Add the item to the Basket to obtain a shipping quote, in the Basket enter your state & postcode in the shipping calculator, click update, the shipping cost will calculate to your postcode.
- Proceed to the checkout and provide full shipping details and select payment option.
- If you don’t wish to proceed, simply delete the item in the basket by clicking on the X next to the item.
Terms and conditions acceptance on checkout relate to usage, warranty and reporting any shipping damage, see about tab for full details.
In most cases orders are shipped next business if placed before 12pm, add 3- 7 business day’s in transit depending on how far away you are from our location (Pakenham Victoria 3810)
Orders are shipped signature on delivery.
International Sales – We ship to most countries and support warranty, it is important to note shipping costs are not covered under warranty.
: See specifications in listing to check power compatibility in your region.