13LDI – 13lt – Lip Balm – Creams – Surf Wax – Hair Care & more – Small Production
or 4 payments of $143.75 with
Please note: The description is intended to appeal to a range of people with individual products that require all stainless steel components in the chamber, it is not intended to appeal to individuals wanting to make multiple products in the one unit, we do not recommended making multiple products in the one unit due to cross contamination concerns, for example if you make a soy product and then a soap product, sell your soap to someone with a soy allergy this may have serious legal ramifications for you, a dedicate unit for a dedicated product is always recommended, (just because you can doesn’t mean you should).
For more information watch our videos in the video tab, they explain why the double boiler method is so important and still the fastest way to do it correctly, share this with your friends like us on Facebook and help us help people to be successful by making an ethical and quality product.
Model: 13LD – 15lt Digital Temperature Controlled Electric Double Boiler.
Digital Temperature Controllers provide excellent temperature control, fast reaction and intelligent operation allows the water jacket to be managed at as high as 100℃ and will cycle the heating element automatically to maintain temperature, simply set the desired water jacket temperature up to 100℃ and the controller will manage the temperature.
Stainless Steel Product Tap.
Recommended for product temperature up to 85℃ – For higher than 85℃ product temperature please contact us for recommendations and advice, to achieve higher temperature digital models used with a thermal jacket can obtain temperatures up to and slightly over 90℃ understanding the water jacket is limited to the boiling temperature of water and some heat loss does occur in the transfer process.
An Electric Double Boiler is the single best investment any small business can make, electric double boilers will allow the user to do in few hours that likely previously took a few days, simple to maintain and use while producing a consistent and high quality product.
Note: If unsure of product suitability please contact us prior to purchase for recommendations and advice.
There’s nothing better than an electric double boiler.
- Thermal jacket – Silver thermal body insulator rap.
- Clip on Chamber thermometer.
- 13 litre internal product chamber with thermometer installed, 15lt with thermometer removed.
- 11 litre water jacket.
- Overall dimensions: H46cm x W37cm.
- Internal product chamber dimensions: H25cm x W27cm
- Stainless Steel product tap & bridging pipe.
- Brass water jacket drain tap.
- Product tap height 22cm measured up from the unit’s base.
- Bottom Internal tap sits approximately 1 cm from the chamber base on the inside of the product chamber.
- Top tap is the wax/product tap, bottom tap is to empty the water jacket.
- Water Jacket thermostat temperature range is 30-100℃
- Cold start product to 85℃ in approximately 70 minutes.
- Unit Power 240v/2300w – AS/NZS31122011 240V 10amp complies with Australian and New Zealand Electrical Standards
High performance 15amp 3000w element upgrade is available for this unit, improves heat up time by up to 50%, requires a 15 amp power point at your location as it is a different plug, upgrade does not use any extra power as they run for less time.
See Element upgrade for more details.
- Time Saving.
- Digital Temperature Control.
- Detailed user instructions.
- For use on a domestic 10amp power point with safety switch.
If the intention is to make product such as cream that is quite viscos and sets quickly an electric heat gun is recommended to warm the tap body and elbow, this will improve flow and will stop any product setting in the tap extremities that are a distance from the heated water jacket.
- First fill the water jacket with demineralised water – demineralised water is a low cost product that can be purchased at supermarkets and hardware stores for around $4 for 5 litres, once filled the demineralised water is left in the unit for it’s entire life just topped up as required, demineralised water protects internal components extending unit life and improving serviceability for many years.
- Plug into power.
- Heat unit to desired temperature.
- Add product and heat product to required temperature.
- Stir occasionally until the product is stabilised at the required temperature.
- Make Products.
Cosmetics, Zinc Creams, & high viscosity products etc: The unit is capable of making most products however not all can be dispensed through the product tap, small items may require dispensing from a pouring jug etc in may not possible to pour directly from the unit, if you are making a high viscos product please contact us prior to purchase if you would like to discuss the suitability of the unit to the product you are making.
Water boils at 100℃, however it is not possible to achieve 100℃ product temperature with double boilers, the main reasons for this are ambient (room) temperature fighting to cool the unit body and heat loss from transference through the wall of the internal product chamber, for these reasons we recommend the units for products up to 90℃, it may be possible to achieve up to 95℃ if the unit body is insulated, the work area is not below 20℃ and extra heating time is added.
Double Boiling Method explained
An electric double boiler means the unit has a water jacket around the outside of the product chamber providing a much larger heating surface, the water jacket protects the product from high heat that is produced by the electric element when it’s heating, the water jacket thermostat controls the heating process, once heated up product is placed into the product chamber and the heated water in the jacket melts/heats/emulsifies/separates depending on the product being used from the base and the sides to the desired temperature.
The product tap passes through the water jacket and is surrounded by hot water heating it.
Product is stirred periodically to stabilise temperature before pouring.
Product temperature is maintained by the water jacket thermostat allowing the user to spend time preparing for the final product.
If you would like more information or have any questions feel free to email or call Rob directly on Ph: 0409 165 003.
Shipping Quotes and Checkout
Note: Electric Double Boilers are large items and packaging is heavy duty and costly, $15 average has been added to the shipping cost to cover the packaging cost, units range from 24 – 54 cubic kilograms packaged for shipping, physical weight is up to 18kgs.
- Add the item to the Basket to obtain a shipping quote, in the Basket enter your state & postcode in the shipping calculator, click update, the shipping cost will calculate to your postcode.
- Proceed to the checkout and provide full shipping details and select payment option.
- If you don’t wish to proceed, simply delete the item in the basket by clicking on the X next to the item.
Terms and conditions acceptance on checkout relate to usage, warranty etc, see about us tab for full details.
Shipping , availability and dispatch:
AU Wax Melters is a direct to public manufacturer meaning units final built fitout is to order, please note “In Stock” means you are purchasing a place in the production line to have a unit built for you, In normal times orders are dispatched within 3 business day’s plus transit time depending on how far away you are from our location (Pakenham Victoria 3810), however In high demand periods order to dispatch can blow out to 7 days, please take this into consideration when timing your purchase.
Orders are shipped signature on delivery with Australia Post.